Friday, May 20, 2011

strawberry spinach salad

My boyfriend and I made this salad last night, and it was amazinggg! The strawberry vinaigrette dressing is on the sweet side and paired with fresh strawberries, almonds, and spinach, this salad will be a serving of fruits and veggies you'll actually crave.


(Sans dressing)

I adopted the recipe from Annie's Eats, the same place I got the oreo cupcakes recipe from, but my boyfriend and I didn't want to buy a whole bottle of champagne just for cooking so we altered it a little bit. Surprisingly, salad dressing is super easy to make and I can't wait to make this recipe for my family!

Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing  
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp strawberry banana fruit juice (you can't taste the banana!)
2 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt

Toss all of the above in a blender and puree till smooth! It's that easy. These measurements made enough dressing for three to four large salads, depending on how much dressing you like on your greens.

Salad 
baby spinach leaves
sliced strawberries
sliced almonds

That's it! The next time I make this I'm going to try it with some bleu cheese to cut the sweetness and maybe some green apple slices, I love fruit in my salads :)


(With dressing)

I love the way the colors look together! 

Here is the original recipe I got the idea from


Yay for healthy recipes that actually taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment