Thursday, June 23, 2011

mint chocolate chip cupcakes

This mint chocolate chip cupcake turned out to be the best cupcake I've ever made. The cake was super moist, the frosting fluffy, and the chocolate and mint balanced each other out perfectly.

If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, this is going to be your new favorite cupcake.


I learned today that you CANNOT use the same baking powder your mom keeps in the fridge to keep it smelling clean to bake with, thanks to my little brother who was intelligent enough to read the label on the box before I added the teaspoon and 1/2 into my cake batter. Thanks Al<3 

I added 5 drops of green food coloring and 2 drops of yellow into the frosting mix to make the buttercream frosting the mint green color, these pictures don't do the color justice. I also added a little bit of extra mint extract than the recipe called for to add more kick into the frosting. 


Finally I topped it off with chocolate chips and an Andes chocolate mint candy for garnish. 



Although they're chocolate cake based, the mint frosting makes these a perfect summer cupcake because the flavor is so light! 

I adopted the recipe from


No comments:

Post a Comment